Barbara Richard

Sunday, July 29, 2007

We just finished the last workshop and book signings in Big Timber and Livingston. The Livingston segment was rather quiet--held in a small book store on a very hot night, competing with an outdoor art stroll. The Big Timber segment, where 18 paying participants listened to me pontificate about writing memoir and self publishing for nearly four hours, was a smashing success. Before we left, I was invited to assist at three more seminars. My energy is totally depleted right now, and my blood pressure is soaring. I'll need to think long and hard about the next phase, as I renew my visits to the gym in Sequim and lose the five pounds I put on by bad diet and no exercise.

In total, nearly 300 Montanans who attended our readings, book signings and seminars purchased more than 600 copies of "Dancing" and "Walking" in the last month. Jim is the one who got exercise, carrying cases of books into meeting places. I have many, many requests for the third book of the trilogy, "Chasing Ghosts," which probably won't be ready for at least a year. I look forward to resuming work on it.

Thanks to all who have read these postings and left comments. It helps to know there are kindred souls out there.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM , Blogger Linda Kirkconnell said...

    Dear Barbara,
    I have finished reading Dancing and Walking. You are an amazing writer with lots of courage. I live in Bozeman, formerly Livingston, and grew up under similar circumstances with 5 siblings. I would love to meet you and am so sorry I wasn't at the Art Walk as I read you were there. When you are in Montana, I would drive to wherever you are if you are in agreement. Alternately will you please let me know when you have another book signing, lecture, or anything I can attend so I can meet you.
    You are just amazing.
    Thank you.
    Kind regards,
    Linda

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home