Barbara Richard

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have been notified by Trafford that a proof copy of "Chasing Ghosts" won't be available until February 19th. How disappointing! After that, it could be six more weeks after I approve the proof, before they release the book on-line and in stores. They are conducting a merger with two other companies and remodelling their entire facility. When I submitted the first book to them, Dancing on His Grave, I had a proof in hand in less than two weeks. I'm just not accustomed to waiting like this. On the other hand, I should be thankful I'm not dealing with a mainstream publisher. THAT process takes a couple of years after a manuscript is accepted.

To all who have been e-mailing and inquiring about the availability of "Chasing," I will be sending out e-mails and postcards and posting an announcement on this blog just as soon as I am able to order books. Now it appears that might be sometime in March.

We are taking a quick trip to Montana to help Barry (youngest son) install a wood-burning stove and a basement bathroom in his new house. I'm also committed to teaching him how to keep books for his new business on Quicken, including internet downloading from his bank, the IRS, Turbo-tax, etc. It's a lot to learn; I hope he's patient. This will help fill the time while waiting for "Chasing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home