Barbara Richard

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So many wonderful thoughts have escaped in the past four months. I apologize. We spent five weeks in Arizona in Jan, Feb and early March. It was a wonderful respite. It took some degree of bravery to leave Jim's mom alone that long, but it was very good for him. He had nearly made himself ill from worry about her, and the extreme costs of nursing home care. It's better now--we're getting used to writing those big checks. We're gradually thinning out the overabundance of property generated by her temporarily moving in with us last year.

I'm working on a couple of projects: My youngest sons and some of the grandkids have asked me to write the story of my second husband's life. He was a WWII veteran whose mother immigrated to the U.S. after WWI at age sixteen to homestead by herself. The two of them shared many great stories with me. I'm also considering a science fiction type story based on my forty years of research and study into the paranormal and the 2012 phenomenon. I have not set a deadline for completion of either project, although I believe the War Stories will take precedence.

Sales of all three books seem to march steadily along. I traveled to the Seattle area in early April to speak at a domestic violence/child abuse seminar. I plan to do more of that as time allows, although new projects seem to get in the way. I have a commitment in Sidney and Circle (MT) in July of this summer, and will visit other eastern Montana communities.

I'm keeping all the victims in my thoughts and intentions. Someday this terrible part of our earthly sojourn will be no more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home